If you haven’t heard, country icon Martina McBride is also an incredible cook. So much so, in fact, that she is getting her own Food Network show!
When it comes to fall foods, I think of anything with cinnamon. Because of that, I knew I needed to try Martina’s cinnamon rolls, and I needed to try them immediately.
I’m happy to report that they’re amazing. They’re perfect for eating on a cold fall morning, and they’re just sweet enough that they’ll satisfy any sweet tooth.
Here’s what you’ll need to make them:
- 1 (1⁄4-ounce) package active dry yeast
- 1⁄2 teaspoon plus 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 cup warm water (100° to 110°F)
- 1 cup milk at room temperature
- 4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 cup softened butter
- 3⁄4 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons ground cinnamon
- For the rest of the ingredients list, click here!
First, you’re gonna create the dough. Activate the active dry yeast with warm water and sugar. When the yeast bubbles, grab a second bowl and combine the shortening, salt, sugar, and milk.
Don’t worry about the lumps this creates, and it will create lumps. Then you’ll add your flour and continue to bring the dough together after it rises.
What’s your favorite fall breakfast?