I love how there’s a recipe for vegan and gluten-free Snickers bars. There are many recipes out there with dairy, but I like how it’s vegan-friendly with more fresh ingredients. I would love to make chocolate bars because I think they are fun and a cool experience to make. Julien Solomita’s tutorial on YouTube is high quality and he gives amazing tips to follow along with. I love how everything is made out of scratch. If you want to learn how to make a homemade Snickers bar, this is a great tutorial to start.
For the nougat:
- 100 g (2/3 cup) raw cashew nuts soaked in cold water overnight or in boiling water for 15 minutes
- 50 g (1.8 oz) cacao butter
- 4 tbsp maple syrup (or sub any other sweetener)
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
For the caramel:
- 65 g (1/3 cup) pitted dates soaked in cold water overnight or in boiling water for 15 minutes
- 65 g (1/4 cup) smooth peanut butter (or sub almond butter, sunflower seed butter or tahini)
- 3 tbsp maple syrup (or sub any other sweetener)
- Pinch salt
- 65 g (1/2 cup) roasted peanuts
For the chocolate:
- 150 g (5.2 oz) dark chocolate (ensure vegan/gluten-free if necessary)
- 1 tsp coconut oil
First, make the nougat by draining the soaked cashews and add to a food processor along with the cacao butter, maple syrup, and vanilla. Process everything until they’re smooth. Transfer the nougat to a loaf baking pan. Continue to watch Julien Solomita tutorial on YouTube to make the rest of the Snickers.
Next, once the nougat and caramel layers have firmed up completely in the freezer, slice it in 6 bars. Once you make the chocolate, cover the remaining bara with the melted chocolate onto a baking tray. Place the Snickers bar in the fridge for a couple of hours until hardened.
In conclusion, I’m not a big Snickers bar fan, but this homemade recipe looks delicious. I wouldn’t mind trying to make this, but I know it would require a process because of the many layers to the bar.