I’m obsessed with galaxy everything. I have so many things loaded with galaxy print, and my room is practically a galaxy in itself.
With back-to-school season here, I figured there’d be nothing better to make than a galaxy backpack. Whether it’s for you or someone you love, this one-of-a-kind backpack is sure to get a ton of compliments.
Here’s what you’re gonna need:
- Black packpack
- A cloth you don’t mind staining for a work surface
- Masking tape
- Acrylic pain in multiple colors (black, white, blues, purples, pinks, whatever you see fit)
- Weather sealant in clear
- Sponges (cosmetic or foam brushes)
- A paint well/somewhere to put the paint
- Small paint brush or pencil
- Optional: studs, patches, or whatever else you want on the backpack
First, lay down your cloth work surface. Stuff your backpack with anything you have handy (crumpled newspaper, cloth, or whatever else. This will make it easier to paint.
Put masking tape over any areas you want to keep clean, like labels or zippers. Use your sponges to dab on multiple colors of paint, layering and blending as you go.
Make sure the colors fade lightly, like an ombre, and everything is to your liking, then use a paint brush, pencil, or toothpick to dot on a ton of little stars. You can also paint on bigger stars and clusters.
Let your paint dry. Add a weather-proof sealant and let everything dry.
Once all of that dries, add on your patches or studs, and you’re all done!
What details will you add to yours?