I love cooking in my cast iron skillet, and I had been looking for a new dessert recipe to make in my skillet. I have been searching for a new dessert idea to make in my cast iron skillet. I recently found an apple pie skillet video recipe tutorial by Cebuana Kitchen on YouTube, that looked so easy and delicious, I had to try it! This old fashioned skillet-style apple pie recipe has so much rustic farmhouse charm, it will look beautiful on your table. The crust is so easy, you can use canned crescent rolls, canned pie crust, or canned pizza dough. Of course, you can make make your pastry from scratch if you have a favorite recipe that you love.
Ingredients For Skillet Apple Pie:
- 8 to 10 cooking apples
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 cup white sugar (pure cane sugar is the best when you try it, you won’t give it up)
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice (this is an important step you don’t want to skip)
- A pinch of salt
- 2 to 3 tablespoons of cornstarch
- 2 rolls of pie crust (or canned crescent rolls)
- 1/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons of butter
- 1/2 cup of brown sugar
- 1 egg white plus 2 tablespoons of sugar (for topping sprinkles)
In this apple pie skillet video recipe tutorial by Cebuana Kitchen on YouTube, you will learn to make a quick and easy dessert dish that will look like you spent all day toiling over a hot stove. You begin by peeling and cutting your apples and placing your pastry at the bottom of the skillet, then adding your prepared apples.
Then, add pastry cust to the top of your skillet apple pie and cut small slits in the top or poke with a fork. Then, bake at 350 for one hour, until it starts a caramelized bubble around the edges.
This apple pie looks and tastes amazing, I love it!