When fall and winter come around, my skin gets dry and flaky. Whether it’s my lips, around my nose, or my hands, the cold always seems to find a way to hurt me.
This year, I decided to not let that happen. These 4 DIYs by YouTuber Rachel Talbott are beyond moisturizing, smell delicious, and are incredibly fun to make.
Here’s how to make them.
Pumpkin Spice Lip Balm:
- 1 1/2 tsp beeswax
- 2 tsp coconut oil
- 1 tsp cocoa butter
- 1 tbsp pumpkin seed oil
- Dash of vitamin E oil
- 1-2 drops cinnamon essential oil (optional)
- 2 drops clove essential oil or Dash of Pumpkin Pie Spice (optional)
For this DIY, all you need to do is melt all of the ingredients (the ones that can be melted, anyway), mix all of them together, then pour them in a container. Once solidified, you’re ready to use it!
- 16 ounce foaming soap dispenser
- 1/4 cup Unscented liquid Castile soap
- 1 tablespoon sweet almond oil
- 1 tablespoon vegetable glycerin
- 6 drops frankincense essential oil
- 6 drops cedarwood essential oil
- 6 drops wild orange essential oil
- 6 drops rosemary essential oil
In your soap dispenser, combine all of the ingredients. Once mixed, fill the rest up with water. Mix together, screw on the lid, and it’s ready to use!
Whipped Pumpkin Spice Body Butter:
- 1/2 Cup Shea butter
- ¼ Cup Coconut oil
- 2 Tbsp. Almond oil
- 2 tsp or 2 Vitamin E capsules
- 1/2-1 tsp. Ground Ginger (optional)
- 1 tsp. Ground Cinnamon or Pumpkin Pie Spice (optional)
- 1 tsp. Vanilla Extract
For this, just combine the shea butter, coconut oil, and almond oil together over a double boiler to melt. Once melted, add the rest of the ingredients and mix well. Wait for it to solidify.
You can stop here, or throw it in a stand mixer and mix on high until whipped.
Vanilla Bean Lotion Bar:
- 3-4 tbsp cocoa butter
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- 10 drops vanilla essential oil
This one is beyond easy. Melt the cocoa butter and coconut oil. add your essential oil. Pour into a mold if you’d like, let it solidify, and it’s ready to use!
Check out Rachel’s video below, then give these DIY lifesavers a try yourself! I promise you’ll love them.