I love wine. It’s always been my drink of choice, and I always have a few bottles on hand for when I have guests over.
I’ve been looking for a stylish way to store and display my wine and wine glasses. Not only did I find exactly that, but it’s easy to make and in most cases, totally free!
All you’re going to need is a wood pallet. You can usually get one of these for free by asking for one from a landscaping company, hardware store, or anywhere that uses wood pallets for shipping.
Once you get the pallet wood, making the wine rack is super easy. Here’s how:
- Clean your wood pallet. YouTuber Joe Lydic just uses a hose.
- Measure just above the cutout on the pallet. Cut off the three supporting pieces. You’ll have something that looks like this, and you’ll need to sand it down.
- Take one of the supporting slats and nail it to the bottom of the sanded portion. Level that portion to make sure it’s straight.
- Then, take one of the slats you cut off earlier, measure how big the open bottom is, and cut the slat to size, usually in two pieces. Place the slats inside. Lay the shelf on its side and nail the slat in place.
- Use tiny pieces of wood and another slat to make an additional shelf on the bottom. Before you nail that slat on, drill a few holes a little larger than a wine stem to store your glasses.
Make sure theres an open area to slide the wine glasses in. Then nail it on. Do your final sanding and staining if you’d like, and you’re done!
This wine rack has the coolest rustic style, and it looks so cool hanging on my wall. Since it’s so easy and cheap to make, it makes an awesome housewarming gift!
I can’t wait to make more so everyone I know can have their best wines on display. What are you going to put in yours?