I just found perhaps the most horrifying food of all time: Zombie. Meatloaf.
You can look at this meatloaf in two ways: it either looks like a zombie, or a mummy, and both are pretty spooky for Halloween.
My favorite thing about this recipe is the hilarious Chef John of FoodWishes.com. In addition to the hysterical video down below, you can check out his blog post by clicking here!
If you aren’t feeling like making a terrifying meatloaf this year, don’t worry. You can still use this recipe to create a great regular meatloaf too!
To make this scary-delicious meatloaf, you’ll need:
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter (1 stick)
- 1/2 cup diced celery
- 1 1/2 cups diced yellow onion
- 8 ounces brown mushrooms, chopped fine
- 3 cloves minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 3 pounds ground beef
- 3 teaspoons kosher salt
- 3 tablespoons milk or buttermilk
- 1 large beaten egg
- 2 tablespoons ketchup
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 3/4 cup plain dry bread crumbs
- 1 pound strip bacon for zombie “facial muscles”
- 1 onion for eyes and teeth
To get the meatloaf looking as spooky as possible, check out Chef John’s video below. Not only is it absolutely hilarious, but the end result ends up being delicious too!
Will you make this spooky food this year?