I always am looking for new ways to display my photos. Classic picture frames are cute, but I always like to do something a little extra.
These little cupcake photo holders are perfect: tons of personality, easy to make, and a great way to display your pics!
Want to make one for yourself? Here’s how.
Depending on what you want the cupcake to look like, you will need:
- Little condiment cups (the texturized opaque ones)
- Air dry clay (in beige for vanilla, brown for chocolate, etc.)
- Shiny squeezable paint (if you want chocolate, strawberry, or caramel sauce)
- Whipple cream or hardware store silicone (for whipped cream/frosting)
- Piping bag with the tip of your choice (if you’re using the whipped cream above)
- Polymer clay cherry (or any other food charms)
- Fake sprinkles
- Photo holding sticks (you can usually find these at the dollar store)
First, take a small piece of air dry clay in the color of your choice. Roll it into a sphere and stuff it into the condiment cup, making sure some is sticking out to look like a cupcake.
Use the toothbrush to texturize the clay before it dries, then decorations are completely up to you!
For example, I topped mine entirely with whipple cream and fake sprinkles. On the other hand, kawaiisweetworld adds shiny squeezable paint, whipple cream, and a polymer cherry.
Before everything dries, stick the photo holding stick into the air dry clay, making sure the clamp is facing outward. Once it dries, it’s ready to use!