I love cooking anything in the crockpot, why I had never thought of making my favorite dish, Loaded Baked Potato Soup in the crockpot is beyond me. I saw a recipe for crockpot Loaded Baked Potato Soup on Youtube and had to try it, after all, I love all potato recipes and I also love my crockpot so it was an obvious match made in Heaven for me. The recipe couldn’t be easier, I just threw all these ingredients into the crockpot, (no pre-cooking necessary). I started by adding all my ingredients to the crockpot.
- 1 (32 oz.) bag frozen cubed hash browns, thawed
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 1 (10.5 oz.) can condensed cream of chicken soup
- 1 (8 oz.) package cream cheese, softened and cut into cubes
- 1 ½ cups sharp cheddar cheese, finely shredded, plus ½ cup extra for garnish
- 3/4 cup crumbled crisp bacon
- ¼ cup extra for garnish
- ¼ teaspoon dried rosemary coarse salt, to taste
- freshly ground black peppercorns, to taste
Combine hash browns, cheddar cheese, chicken broth, cream of chicken soup, crumbled bacon, and cream cheese in the slow cooker. Season with rosemary, salt, and pepper. Mix thoroughly. Place lid on the slow cooker and cook on HIGH for 3 hours, or until potatoes are tender, stirring occasionally. Taste and adjust seasoning, if necessary. Serve hot into soup bowls. Garnish with cheddar cheese and bacon bits. So easy!
Then I just covered the crockpot and set it on high for 3 hours and let the crockpot work it’s magic! Let me tell you this Loaded Baked Potato Soup is the best I’ve ever tasted, I highly recommend this recipe.
Crockpot Loaded Baked Potato Soup Recipe