Pecan pie is one of the most delicious things on the planet. I feel like everyone loves it, especially during the fall. But why not make it even better?
Better than pecan pie… how? By making it into a cheesecake. That’s right. Pecan pie cheesecake is a thing, and I’m obsessed.
I found the recipe from Joanna Cismaru on YouTube, and I’m so glad I did. Here’s how to make it.
What you’ll need to make this is:
- 1 cup graham crackers
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar, separated into 1/2 cup and 1/4 cup
- 2 pinches + 1/2 tsp. salt, separated
- 2 tsp. vanilla extract, separated
- 6 large eggs
- 1/2 cup butter, unsalted and melted
- 24 oz. cream cheese at room temperature
- 1 cup brown sugar, separated into 1/2 cups, packed
- 1/4 cup light corn syrup
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- 1 + 1 1/2 cups pecans, roughly chopped, separated
Preheat your oven to 300 degrees F. Spray the inside of a 9″ springform pan with cooking spray.
In a food processor, pulse together graham crackers, 1 cup pecans, 1/4 cup granulated sugar, 1 pinch salt, 1/2 cup butter unsalted and melted.
Pulse until combined, then press up against the bottom and sides of the pan to form the crust. Set aside.
Beat cream cheese until smooth, add 1/2 cup granulated sugar, 1/2 cup brown sugar, 3 eggs, 1 tsp. vanilla, and 1 pinch salt and mix until combined and smooth. Pour mixture over crust and smooth out.
Bake the cheesecake for 30 minutes, then, before baking a second time, make your topping by…