Mac and cheese. There’s nothing that comforts you quite like a big, warm bowl of cheesy goodness, and there’s nothing that tastes quite as good after a long day…
…Unless you add something else to take that basic mac to a whole new level. That’s where the chipotle and bacon come in.
Let’s face it, bacon makes everything better. And chipotle? Don’t even get me started. The salty crunchiness of the bacon and the spicy smokiness of the chipotle are the perfect additions to classic mac.
Making this twist on mac & cheese is super simple, too, so you’ll want to make it all the time. I can’t be responsible for any weight you may or may not gain from this. I have warned you.
Anyway, here’s Southern Living‘s recipe for this delicious mac:
- 1 (16-oz.) package cavatappi pasta
- 3 cups smoked Cheddar cheese, grated
- 1 cup Cheddar cheese, grated
- 1 teaspoon ground chipotle chile pepper
- 6 slices of bacon, cooked and chopped
- 3/4 cup panko breadcrumbs
- For the rest of the ingredients, click here
When you try this macaroni and cheese, nothing else will ever compare. You’ll be cooking this up every chance you get!