There’s nothing I love more than ranch dressing. It’s delicious with almost everything, and has such a unique, incredible flavor. I’d buy a swimming pool full of that stuff if I could.
I also am a massive fan of bacon, cheese, and chicken. I knew my next weeknight meal had to be this chicken, bacon, & ranch casserole after I saw Joanna Cismaru’s recipe online.
I hadn’t even started cooking yet, and I was already drooling! Wanna learn how to make it, too? Here’s how. You’ll need:
- 1 lb. boneless skinless chicken breast or thighs
- 2 tbsp. olive oil
- 3 tbsp. ranch salad dressing and seasoning mix (1 packet/1 oz)
- 1 1/2 cups uncooked rice of your choice
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 8 slices bacon, fried and chopped
- 2 1/2 cups chicken broth (low sodium or no sodium added)
- 1/2 cup half and half or heavy cream
- 2 cups cheddar cheese, shredded
- 2 tbsp. fresh parsley, chopped.
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. In a bowl, toss chicken, olive oil, and ranch seasoning mix. Set aside.
In a 9″x13″ casserole dish, combine rice, onion, garlic, half the bacon, chicken broth, half and half, and remaining seasoning mi. Add chicken, and stir everything together.
Top with cheddar cheese and remaining bacon. Cover with aluminum foil, then…
For the rest of the recipe, check out Joanna Cismaru’s recipe by clicking here.