If you live in the south or have ever been to the south, you know how seriously they take their sweet tea. This stuff is everywhere, and it’s insanely delicious— if you make it right.
The secret to a great sweet tea is making a concentrated version of it. You’ll need a lot of sugar and tea for this, but I promise, it’s worth every calorie.
With all the heat right now, there’s nothing more refreshing than this sweet tea. Seriously, you need to make this.
Here’s how to make some authentic southern sweet tea.
What You’ll Need:
- 3 family-sized tea bags ( she uses Luzianne)
- 10 cups water, divided (can add more to adjust sweetness)
- Pinch of baking soda
- 1 1/2 -2 cups sugar (can use less or more if desired)
- Boil 2 cups of water, either in the microwave or over a stove flame.
- Add a pinch of baking soda.
- Drop in the tea bags.
- Let tea steep for 5-7 minutes.
- Carefully remove tea bags and discard. Do not press on tea bags.
- Add sugar and stir until sugar completely dissolves.
- Pour into a serving pitcher.
- Add in 8 cups of cold water.
- Refrigerate until cold.
- Fill a glass with ice and fill with tea.
For more tips and tricks on the perfect sweet tea, watch Divas Can Cook‘s video below.