Over the years, Alan Jackson has become known for a wide variety of things: from selling 80 million records to writing 35 number one hits, this country powerhouse and Grammy winner can’t be stopped.
In addition to his musical accolades, Alan makes a mean chocolate cake. This thing is so good, you won’t want to have another chocolate cake ever again.
What makes this special is the icing poured over the cake while it’s still hot. You poke holes in the cake and the icing absorbs, making for a moist and delicious cake.
- 2 cups flour
- 2 eggs
- 2 cups sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup butter (divided – 1 stick for the cake & 1 stick for the icing)
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup cocoa (divided – (1/4 cup for cake & 1/4 cup for icing)
- 1/2 cup buttermilk
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 teaspoons vanilla (divided)
- 1 teaspoon white vinegar
- 6 tablespoons whole milk
- 1 (16 ounce) box powdered sugar (about 4 cups)
- Spray a 13×9 inch pan with nonstick baking spray
- Sift flour, sugar and salt together
- In a large saucepan heat water, 1 stick (1/2 cup) butter, oil, and 1/4 cup of the cocoa. Whisk until blended. Bring to boil over medium high heat, stirring constantly.
- Pour the hot chocolate mixture into the flour mixture and stir until smooth.
- Blend buttermilk, eggs, baking soda, 1 teaspoon of the vanilla and vinegar, then combine this mixture with the flour mixture until smooth, then…