Oh, the pumpkin spice latte: an iconic drink that means fall is here. Everyone seems to love it, and people spend big bucks on it every year.
This year, make your own at home and save a few dollars. How? Here are 3 variations by YouTuber THE ACNE CHANNEL. They’re super delicious and perfect for the season1
For the original pumpkin spice latte, you’ll need:
- 2 cups milk (she uses 2% for a creamier latte)
- 2 tablespoons canned pumpkin (not pumpkin pie mix)
- 1/2 to 2 tablespoons sugar depending on how sweet you want it
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1/2 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup hot brewed coffee, or 2 shots of espresso if you like it strong
First, heat up the milk, pumpkin and sugar over medium heat in a saucepan until the mixture is hot, but do not bring it to a boil. Once hot, stir in the pumpkin pie spice, vanilla and coffee.
Pour the mixture into a couple of mugs and your pumpkin spice lattes are ready to impress!
Now on to the iced version. For this one, you will need:
- 1/2 cup cold brew coffee, or chilled espresso
- 2 tablespoon pumpkin puree
- 3-4 tablespoons half and half, heavy cream, or milk
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin spice + more for garnish 1 teaspoon vanilla extract 2 tablespoon granulated sugar, optional whipped cream
Pull your cold coffee or espresso out of the fridge and add half and half or milk, along with your pumpkin puree, pumpkin spice, vanilla extract, and sugar to a blender.
Blend on high speed until the liquids become somewhat frothy. Pour it over ice and top with whipped cream and your iced version is done!
Now on to your third and final pumpkin spice latte: the frappuccino. You’ll need the same ingredients as the above iced latte. Blend it up until frothy, then freeze into cubes.
On to making a syrup. Combine 1 cup of sugar with 1 cup of water, then heat on medium until the sugar dissolves. Let it cool and store in the refrigerator.
Once your ice cubes are frozen, blend it, then add 1/4 to 1/2 cup of your syrup. Blend until smooth, top with whipped cream and pumpkin pie spice, and your frap is done!
Check out THE ACNE CHANNEL‘s video below for more on this deliciousness. Which one will you make this year?